Brits beyond Brexit
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
Universidad Miguel Hernández, s/n Avinguda de la Universitat, d'Elx 03202, Spain
A discussion and analysis on the consequences of Brexit for Brits abroad, in France and Spain. The event is organised by Professor of Anthropology, Jeremy MacClancy of Oxford Brookes, and Dr of Geography, Fiona Ferbrache, in collaboration with the British Consul for Alicante. The aim of the event is to bring different groups together to exchange research and practical information, to debate and inform. The format will include presentations each of roughly 25minutes, followed by 15minutes for discussion and questions. The event will end with a light lunch.
- Jeremy MacClancy, Brits in Alicante: a long history, an equally long future?
- Fiona Ferbrache, Our British Neighbours in France
- Sarah-Jane Morris, British Consul, Alicante, Brexit and the British Consulate
- Campaign group presentation: aims, achievements and the future
- Bremain in Spain: Campaign group presentation: our aims, achievements and looking forward
Attendance is open to all who may be interested, though limited to 50.