Information for Specific Subjects
Subject-specific help (select subject from drop-down list)
Electronic resources: databases, e-journals, e-books and web sites
In order to access most electronic resources from home, you need to log into Athens first:
- Return to the Library home page and log into Athens.
- If you need help, check our guide to Logging into Athens for tips.
Electronic resources for Modern Languages
- Databases for Modern Languages - links to services that help you find journal articles on a topic.
- E-journals for Modern Languages - links to individual electronic journals.
- E-books for Modern Languages
- Internet sites for Modern Languages - links to freely available Web sites.
- Language resources: a guide to finding information (Word doc). Also available as PDF.
- Key resources for EBCL (Word doc). Also available as PDF.
- Key resources for French Studies (Word doc). Also available as PDF.
- Key resources for Japanese Studies (Word doc). Also available as PDF
- Key resources for Spanish (Word doc). Also available as PDF.
Referencing and EndNote
- Getting to grips with referencing: using the Brookes Harvard style
- EndNote and EndNote Web - allow you to collect, store and manage your own collection of references.
Researchers and staff