Welcome to Catering Services, and a special welcome to all new students and staff. We hope you will enjoy our broad range of high quality, value-for-money food and hospitality facilities. To find out more about what we have on offer at each campus or for any event catering, please look at the relevant areas below.
"Hospitality Services are committed to providing a professional and friendly service that values you as an individual"
Dare to Compare !
We assure our customers of the endeavours to provide best value, and in doing so we benchmark our products and tariff against the High Street. If you click on Dare to Compare you will see the results of this exercise undertaken in January 2013.
"Meat Free Day"
Oxford Brookes Catering Services recognises that the reduction in the consumption of meat and fish plays an important role in achieving Net Positive Impact.
Whilst there are some staff and students who will always choose to eat meat and fish on a daily basis, the aim of Catering Services is to support those who choose to reduce their intake and to promote the benefits of doing so.
In support of this we:
- have vegetarian options on all counters
- have at least one vegan hot meal option available every day
- commit to at least 30% of all options, including hot meals and sandwiches served to be meat and fish free
- to have soy milk available on all campuses
- to have a meat and fish free hot counter once per week in Semester time.
To promote this we are working with the student's vegan and vegetarian society to:
- have a "Meat Free Monday" promotion day once per year
- provide the society with facilities in the Food Court once per year so they can do a live cookery demonstration
- produce, with Campus Life, a short video presentation on the advantages of making meat free choices
The "Meat Free Day" commitment will initially be made on our Gipsy Lane Campus, with plans to support this on all campuses. We hope it will prove very popular !
Starbucks in the press:
In response to recent press reports, we have received a statement from Starbucks that we are making available to all. To read this statement, please click here
Trip to Malawi making "One Difference"
Staff and students travelled to Malawi to help set up a kitchen garden, sponsored by Oxford Brookes, in partnership with the University's caterer Chartwells, and to see in action a play-pump funded by Brookes students and staff through the sales of "One Water". Further details of this visit can be found on our Ethical Catering Pages, and a link to the videos availble from this trip can be found here.