Research interests and consultancy expertise
My research is multi-disciplinary with key interests that relate to urban sustainability, especially the integration of environmental, social and economic sustainability. Specific research relates to the compact city and sustainable urban form, and intensification of development in urban areas.
- Earth System Sciences for Global Sustainability – funded by Agence National de la Recherche, France.
- City Form: India, - funded by British Council, EPSRC and Indian Government for network support.
- Independent Evaluator for the UCL/UEL ‘Building Sustainable Communities’ – funded by HEIF.
- CityForm: the Sustainable Urban Form Consortium – funded by EPSRC.
- Creating Sustainable Cities – funded by Global Opportunities Fund, British Embassy, Tokyo.
- Sustainable Development and the Management of Urban Form - NZ consortium funded by the New Zealand Foundation for Research, Science and Technology.