We'd like to thank you once again for the efforts you are making to keep yourself and others safe.
It remains important that we all continue to follow the government rules out of lockdown. These change again on Monday 17 May so we've put together a quick summary of what you can and cannot do.
The rules below apply to England only; there are different rules for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Please read our other Student News article if you would like to find out what facilities are open on our campuses and remind yourself of the ways we are keeping everyone safe.
What can I do from Monday 17 May?
- The ‘rule of six’ or two households will apply indoors. This means that you can meet with up to five people or one other household inside
- You will be able to meet in groups of up to 30 people outdoors
- Pubs, restaurants and bars reopen indoors, the rule of six or two households per table applies
- Indoor entertainment and attractions will open. So you can visit cinemas, museums, theatres, concert halls, stadiums and children’s indoor play areas
- Organised indoor sport will be able to take place for all, including gym classes. The Brookes Sport webpage has details on its offer from 17 May.
- Hotels, hostels and B&Bs reopen
- Overnight stays are allowed within the UK in groups of six or two households
- A traffic light system will be introduced for international travel, there are different rules for red, amber or green list countries which must be followed
Please check the latest government rules on meeting up with other people.
- There is new advice on meeting with family and friends so you can minimise the risk of spreading Covid-19. While no situation is risk-free, there are steps you can take to make meeting family and friends safer.
- Please continue to follow social distancing and other safe behaviours, such as wearing face coverings and regular hand washing