This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
In collaboration with the Ashmolean Museum this special event promises to be a great opportunity to celebrate recent publications by our academic colleagues and learn about some of the latest research taking place at Oxford Brookes University.
Professor Anne-Marie Kilday, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences , will be chairing the event. Lunch will be served on arrival and there will be the option to join a museum tour after formal proceedings have come to a close.
The authors and book titles being launched are as follows:
- Professor Gary Browning, A History of Modern Political Thought: The Question of Interpretation
- Dr Tom Crook, Governing Systems: Modernity and the Making of Public Health, 1830-1910
- Professor Joanne Begiato and Professor Bill Gibson, Sex and the Church in the Long Eighteenth Century: Religion, Enlightenment and the Sexual Revolution
- Dr Michael John-Hopkins, The Rule of Law in Crisis and Conflict Grey Zone
- Professor Daniel Lea, Twenty-First Century Fiction: Contemporary British Voices
- Dr Michele Paule, Girlhood, Schools, and Media: Popular Discourses of the Achieving Girl
- Dr Dominic Welburn, Rawls and the Environmental Crisis
- Dr Susannah Wright, Morality and Citizenship in English Schools: Secular Approaches 1897-1944
All colleagues, students, family members and those beyond the University are welcome. Attendance is free but places are limited. Register your interest in attending no later than Monday 27 February 2017.
If you have any queries please contact Rachel Wilmshurst at email@example.com