Bump, Birth and Beyond: bonding with your baby
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
- Prospective students - undergraduate
- Prospective students - postgraduate taught
- Current students - undergraduate
- Current students - postgraduate taught
JHB Main Lecture Theatre, John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus
This is a full circle conference on the relationship between a mother and her baby. It is open to students, midwives, and members of the public who are interested in maternity or the psychology of the mother-baby dyad.
THE DAY WILL ALSO INCLUDE
• Postgraduate midwifery students’ research presentations including the neonatal impact of binge drinking during pregnancy and an evaluation of an antenatal mindfulness intervention.
• Presentation of Sheila Kitzinger award for Brookes Midwifery Students
• Charity raffle and cake sale: proceeds to Mummy’s Star (www.mummysstar.org)
• Posters by OBU students
• Bridget Supple - Antenatal Parent Educator
• Guin Webster - Positive Birth Movement Oxford
• Rachel Fitz-Desorgher - Freelance Midwife, infant feeding consultant, active birth teacher and parenting consultant
• Lisa Clayden - SAPlings (Social Aspects of Pregnancy) Midwife
Please choose relevant ticket and enter amount:
FREE for Brookes
Other students: £10
Coffee and tea included