Enabling Leaders to Reflect, Learn and Act
Tuesday, 02 June 2020, 13:30 to 14:15
Who this event is for
In response to recent events and current working conditions, we are offering a new range of support to individuals and companies…free and online.
This is the last of six 'Business School Bitesize Webinars' to hear and learn from leading experts and practitioners on subjects such as leading and managing in times of extreme change and coping with disruption.
In Session 6 we will explore Action Learning Sets: a powerful mechanism that enables leaders to find safe spaces to address challenging work issues in a group setting. The group asks open questions enabling them to find solutions and actions to implement. The focus is on the leaders each bringing an issue or ‘airtime’ to enable them to find the answers themselves, through open questions by other members of the group. It is not an advice-giving session. The webinar will service to introduce this powerful mechanism to delegates.
• To enable leaders to have a safe space to explore complex issues using the action learning process
• To support and challenge each other to discover stuff about themselves and solve their issue from different perspectives that one may not have thought of on their own
• To enable leaders to find solutions within themselves and define actions to implement.
• To learn how to coach others to the best solution rather than giving solutions or advice.
• To hold each other accountable for actions they choose to make.
Each member leaves having learnt from the ‘airtime’ whether it is their own or others, while using the disciplined process of questioning, supporting and challenging.