LGBT History Month Lunchtime Showcase
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
JHB 201, John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane site
A series of short talks followed by an informal gathering over lunch (provided by UNISON and UCU).
- Elaine Dagnall/Jane Butcher – Brookes work on LGBT+ equality, diversity and inclusion
- Dr Joanne Brooke of OxINMAHR – the research of the institute and her focus on LGBT communities and dementia.
- Professor Joanne Begiato, Department of History, Philosophy and Religion – History of maritime sexualities/gender identities
- Professor David Nash, Department of History, Philosophy and Religion – the 40th anniversary of the Gay News blasphemy case of 1977
- Rev. Kate Harford, Ecumenical Chaplain - Experiences of LGBT+ asylum seekers in the UK
- Lindsay Williams, Oxford Brookes Business School – Sexuality and advertising through the lens of queer theory
- Dr Melanie Bashor will introduce highlights of Professor Waltraud Ernst’s second year History module on “Genders, Sexualities and the Body”
- Stephen Broughton, OCSLD and co-founder of maaple - Asexuality: the emerging orientation
- Keely Good, UNISON – LGBT+ equality and inclusion work
- Dr Sola Adesola, UCU – LGBT+ equality and inclusion work