Like Riding a Bike: Co-creating a cycling environment for 9s to 90s
Saturday, 07 September 2019, 10:00 to 16:30
Who this event is for
Union Hall, John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus
Come and join us for a day full of informative talks, interactive workshops, cycle tours, an expert panel and demos and rides on ebikes and adapted bikes!
The conference is organised by Cyclox, the cycle campaign for Oxford, and Oxford Brookes University and it follows on from the University's cycle BOOM research and current Co-CAFE project (www.cycleboom.org , www.co-cafe.org).
- Understanding how to create an age friendly locality, as a low traffic neighbourhood.
- Best practice case studies of effective interventions for active travel – linking soft and hard measures.
- Understanding the benefits of ebikes and how they can get people back cycling.
- Learning more about the opportunities that virtual reality can play in increasing activity for people who are housebound.
- Developing a post-conference guide to promoting uptake of cycling on the basis of the learning from this conference.
More information and how to book
Book now »