Oxford Brookes Documentary Club: Better This World
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
John Henry Brookes Lecture Theatre , Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane site
Boyhood friends from Midland, Texas are arrested on terrorism charges at the 2008 Republican National Convention. Better This World follows the journey of David McKay (22) and Bradley Crowder (23) from political neophytes to accused domestic terrorists with a particular focus on the relationship they develop with a radical activist mentor in the six months leading up to the convention. A dramatic story of idealism, loyalty, crime and betrayal, BETTER THIS WORLD goes to the heart of the War on Terror and its impact on civil liberties and political dissent in post-9/11 America.
Oxford Brookes Documentary Club is dedicated to bringing you interesting and inspiring documentaries that givevoice to a wide variety of topics.
All our events are free andopen to all.
Book your ticket and you will get 10%discount voucher in Cafe Central.
Pre-theatre menu is available from 5 - 7pm in Brookes Lounge. £6.50 for 2 courses!
This project is kindly supported by the Faculty of TDE.
There is limited parking available at Gipsy Lane and Headington Hill Hall from 4.30pm, and it is on a first come, first served basis.
- Thursday 15 October - Chasing Ice
- Thursday 22 October - Dior and I
- Thursday 29 October - The Fourth Estate
- Thursday 5 November - Town of Runners
- Thursday 12 November - CitizenFour
- Thursday 19 November - Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief
- Thursday 26 November - Lambert and Stamp
- Thursday 3 December - Cat Show
- Thursday 10 December - The Look of Silence