Centre for Rehabilitation Open Day
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
JHB Lecture Theatre & Union Square, John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus
Over the past decade, the Movement Science Group, which now falls within the Centre for Rehabilitation at Oxford Brookes University, has conducted extensive research on a variety of topics related to rehabilitation and physical activity. Topics include measuring and understanding movement in those with movement difficulties, exercising benefits in people with neurological conditions, and developing novel rehabilitation strategies. Most recently, UK’s Research Excellence Framework (REF) for assessing the quality of research recognized 85% of our research as being internationally excellent and world leading.
As part of this year’s community outreach program, Oxford Brookes University’s 150th anniversary, and as a way showing our appreciation to all participants, clinicians, researchers, members of the public and organisations that have supported our work, we will be holding an open day on Saturday, 30th of May 2015.
For this event, we have planned a full and exciting day containing the following activities:
- “Have a go” on several sporting activities (Oxford Sport Partnership)
- Talks by various members of the Movement Science Group about the results of their studies
- Debates on current issues in rehabilitation
- Workshops on the insights and technology generated by the research
- Throughout the day there will be various accessible activities based on some of our the research tools and experimental set-ups, including a driving simulator (to be confirmed) and measuring how you walk using your mobile phone
- Charities will be on-site and will be able to provide you with information via exhibition stands