Globalisation, Art and the Art Market workshop
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
Headington Campus, Headington Hill site, and Buckley for PM
In particular, we are interested in the barriers and hurdles which still exist for artists who wish to gain entry to this market but come from outside the dominant Western-oriented centres of this market and its associated arenas.
Confirmed speakers for the workshop include;
- Antony Gardner, Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art, Oxford University, Reframing the Biennial Model: Biennials of the South on the Edges of the Global
- Sophie Marris, Oxford Brookes University, Barriers to non-Western artists in the London art market
- Emily Korchmaros, Modern Art Oxford, Programming for a contemporary art gallery
- Emily Crane, University of East Anglia, Navigating the void: The Triangle Network of artist-led initiatives
- Katrin Schulze, School of Oriental and African Studies National Curricula and Local Practices of Art Education in Northern Nigeria
- Olav Velthius, University of Amsterdam, Serendipitous Sales. How Markets for Contemporary Art Develop in Russia and Brazil
- Jonathan Harris, Centre for Global Futures in Art, Winchester School of Art, Globalization and the visual arts: conditions for identifying systematicity
- Mariska ter Horst, October Gallery
- Ibrahim El-Salahi
- Mohamed Omer Bushara
- Nick Glass
Join us for the whole day or drop in for any sessions of particular interest. Contact Professor Jeremy MacClancy for timings and further information.