How can universities go beyond Fairtrade?
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
Main Lecture Theatre, Clerici, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane site
A panel debate featuring leading names from the Fairtrade industry to celebrate the 10 th anniversary of Oxford Brookes University becoming the first Fairtrade university in the world.
The debate will explore how the University became the worlds’ first Fairtrade university, how students made this happen and what the next big steps for universities should be to go beyond
- Allegra McEvedy, Patron of the Fairtrade Foundation
- Jim Cranshaw, Campaigns Manager, People & Planet
- Kate Aubury, Finance Officer, Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges
- Dr Hugo Slim, staff member who helped to get Brookes Fairtrade accredited
- Louisa Lyne, student who helped to get Brookes Fairtrade accredited