Oxford Brookes Documentary Club: Going Clear - Scientology and the Prison of Belief
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
John Henry Brookes Lecture Theatre , Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane site
This powerful new film highlights the Church’s origins, from its roots in the mind of founder L. Ron Hubbard to its rise in popularity in Hollywood and beyond. The heart of the film is a series of shocking revelations by former insiders, including high-ranking and recognizable members such as acclaimed screenwriter Paul Haggis (“Crash”), as they describe the systematic history of abuse and betrayal by Church officials, including the current leadership of the Church.
Oxford Brookes Documentary Club is dedicated to bringing you interesting and inspiring documentaries that givevoice to a wide variety of topics.
All our events are free and open to all.
Book your ticket and you will get 10%discount voucher in Cafe Central.
Pre-theatre menu is available from 5 - 7pm in Brookes Lounge. £6.50 for 2 courses!
This project is kindly supported by the Faculty of TDE.
There is limited parking available at Gipsy Lane and Headington Hill Hall from 4.30pm, and it is on a first come, first served basis.
- Thursday 15 October - Chasing Ice
- Thursday 22 October - Dior and I
- Thursday 29 October - The Fourth Estate
- Thursday 5 November - Town of Runners
- Thursday 12 November - CitizenFour
- Thursday 19 November - Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief
- Thursday 26 November - Lambert and Stamp
- Thursday 3 December - Cat Show
- Thursday 10 December - The Look of Silence