Oxford Brookes Documentary Club: The Look of Silence
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
John Henry Brookes Lecture Theatre , Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane site
Through Joshua Oppenheimer’s work filming perpetrators of the Indonesian genocide, a family of survivors discovers how their son was murdered and the identity of the men who killed him. The youngest brother is determined to break the spell of silence and fear under which the survivors live, and so confronts the men responsible for his brother’s murder – something unimaginable in a country where killers remain in power.
Oxford Brookes Documentary Club is dedicated to bringing you interesting and inspiring documentaries that givevoice to a wide variety of topics.
All our events are free and open to all.
Book your ticket and you will get 10%discount voucher in Cafe Central.
Pre-theatre menu is available from 5 - 7pm in Brookes Lounge. £6.50 for 2 courses!
This project is kindly supported by the Faculty of TDE.
There is limited parking available at Gipsy Lane and Headington Hill Hall from 4.30pm, and it is on a first come, first served basis.
- Thursday 15 October - Chasing Ice
- Thursday 22 October - Dior and I
- Thursday 29 October - The Fourth Estate
- Thursday 5 November - Town of Runners
- Thursday 12 November - CitizenFour
- Thursday 19 November - Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief
- Thursday 26 November - Lambert and Stamp
- Thursday 3 December - Cat Show
- Thursday 10 December - The Look of Silence