Routes into Teaching Open Evening
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
- Prospective students - postgraduate taught
- Current students - undergraduate
The Glasgow Room, B Block, Harcourt Hill Campus
If you are just about to leave university or are thinking about changing your career then come along to our'Routes into teaching' event. Find out about this exciting and rewarding career and the different ways you can train to become a teacher.
The event covers training to teach in all sectors - Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Post Sixteen, both school based training and university based PGCE routes. Course leaders will be on hand to answer questions along with students presently studying the courses.
An example of questions that will be covered are:
Which age group do I really want to teach?
Which route is best for me?
- What is the difference between a school based and a university based route into teaching?
What is School Direct?
- How much practical experience will I get working in a school?
- How much support will I get from Brookes?
- How do I apply?
- How much will it cost?
Free refreshments will be available from 5.15pm.