Watch LIVE from 6.00pm: The Future of Higher Education: The role of Humanities & Philosophy in the contemporary academy
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
Main Lecture Theatre, Clerici, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane site
This lecture will be
from 6.00pm »
At a time when educational goals are being linked increasingly to the achievement of economic growth, what role, if any, might there be for traditional subjects, like Philosophy, in the university? A roundtable discussion on the future of Higher
The panel discussing this and other related issues consists of:
- Rt Hon Liam Byrne MP (Shadow Minister for Universities, Science and Skills);
- Dr Mark Cain (Assistant Head of Religion and Philosophy, Oxford Brookes University);
- Professor Bev Clack (Professor in the Philosophy of Religion, Oxford Brookes University);
- Dr Patrice Haynes (Senior Lecturer in Philosophy, Liverpool Hope University);
- Dr Michele Paule, Senior Lecturer in Culture, Media and Education (Oxford Brookes University).
Chair: Professor Anne-Marie Kilday (Dean of Faculty of Humanities and Social Science, Oxford Brookes University.