The Creative Industries Festival 2021: Mind the Gap: Opportunities for engagement with the creative industries
Thursday, 13 May 2021, 17:00 to 18:00
Who this event is for
A discussion between stakeholders where we examine how potential opportunities for engagement with industry could be developed for students, for research active and other staff to keep their knowledge current, co-create course content and expand professional skills development through real world/time experience. How would this look in reality? What could we achieve and how can we facilitate a 'Creative Live Lab' of experiences that would benefit all of us?
The discussion will be facilitated by Lucy Turner, School of Arts Employability Champion and Elizabeth Cameron, Partnerships Manager from Brookes Enterprise Support who are energised to close the gap between industry and students/staff to enhance our collective vision of embedding real world experiences into curriculum.
- Angie Dutton - Cardiff Metropolitan University - Creative Industry Liaison
- Ann Padley - Design Thinking Consultant and Former UG Programme Director at the University of Bristol's Centre of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Jay Osgerby - From Barber Osgerby, a London-based industrial design studio
- Rachel Hyams - Interior Designer / Networker and innovator behind If Not Now When
- Lucy Turner - Enterprise Education and Employability Lead in the School of Arts - Oxford Brookes University
- Elizabeth Cameron - Brookes Enterprise Support partnerships manager - Oxford Brookes University
More information and how to book
Book now »