Women and Spinouts: A Case for Action
This event has now finished. Please see our events website for details of upcoming events at Brookes.
Who this event is for
The Royal Academy of Engineering, Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace, Taylor Centre
We are delighted to invite you to the ‘Women and Spinouts: A Case for Action’ event. This event will present the preliminary findings from a project funded by EPSRC to gain new insights about the engagement of women engineers, scientists and mathematicians in entrepreneurial activities. These will be discussed by a panel of women founders and professionals working across the boundaries between Higher Education and Industry. Join the conversation with:
- Jaci Barnett Senior investment and commercial manager at the University of Bristol. She is an experienced Technology Transfer Professional with a demonstrated history of working across the boundaries between higher education and industry.
- Brittany Harris Co-founder of Qflow a company focused on impact management of construction sites and Enterprise Fellow at the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Dr Anne Laure Humbert, Director Centre for Diversity Policy Research and Practice, Oxford Brookes University
- Dr Cecilia Muldoon founder and CEO of VeriVin. She is an experienced oenophile and physicist who is passionate about bringing together science and wine.
- Dr Katerina Spranger founder and CEO of Oxford Heartbeat, a company that develops medical device software that makes planning for surgeries simpler, faster and more accurate. Katerina is also a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
- Professor Simonetta Manfredi, Associate Dean Research and Knowledge Exchange and Project Director, Oxford Brookes University Business School
The event will open at 4:30pm for registration and coffee. The presentation and panel discussion will then begin at 5pm and will be followed by drinks and networking.
This event is free and open to academics, doctoral students, technology transfer officers and knowledge exchange professionals, representatives from industry and other interested parties.