Brookes ranked amongst “world’s top universities” for 14 subjects
Wednesday, 28 February 2018
Oxford Brookes’ international reputation for the quality of its courses has been recognised in the latest QS World University Rankings by Subject.
The 2018 rankings found that Oxford Brookes is “ranked amongst the world’s top universities” in 14 individual subject areas.
Hospitality and Leisure Management was a particular area of strength for the University, which was ranked 18th in the world, improving on last year’s position of 34th. Oxford Brookes is now the 3rd highest ranked UK university for this subject area, up from 6th in 2017.
I have no doubt that our academic and professional services staff will continue to work hard and strive to provide a world-class education to all of our students.Professor Alistair Fitt, Vice-Chancellor, Oxford Brookes University
Architecture / Built Environment features in the top 100 for the third year running.
Vice-Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University, Professor Alistair Fitt said: “In the current context of world events, Oxford Brookes remains truly committed to its international outlook.
“I am delighted that these latest QS world rankings have highlighted Oxford Brookes’ strengths across a broad range of subjects.
“In particular, the rise of our Hospitality courses in the rankings is great news.
“I have no doubt that our academic and professional services staff will continue to work hard and strive to provide a world-class education to all of our students.”
QS considers Oxford Brookes to be amongst the world’s top universities for:
- Architecture / Built Environment
- Art and Design
- English Language and Literature
- Modern Languages
- Computer Sciences and Information Systems
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management Studies
- Economics and Econometrics
- Hospitality and Leisure Management
- Politics and International Studies
This year’s QS World University Rankings by Subject evaluated 1130 institutions in 151 countries across the world. The full QS World University Rankings by Subject tables can be found online.
* When originally published in February 2018, Oxford Brookes was listed amongst the world’s top universities in 15 individual subjects. As one of these 15 subjects was Archaeology, for which there is no specific course at Oxford Brookes, the University requested that it be removed from this subject area.