Oxford School of Hospitality Management announces shortlist for Bacchus Alumni Awards 2016
Friday, 11 March 2016
The Oxford School of Hospitality Management will celebrate the professional achievements of its worldwide community of graduates at the second Bacchus Alumni Awards.
The awards will take place on 11 April 2016 at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London.
The School prides itself on preparing students for successful careers, on instilling a strong sense of belonging to a vibrant learning community, and on the success of its alumni, many of whom go on to become influential leaders in the international hospitality industry.
The quality of nominations for Bacchus Awards was incredibly strong, highlighting the diverse and hugely successful career paths followed by the School’s graduates.Ben McEwen, Chair of the Bacchus Alumni Association
Ben McEwen, Chair of the School’s Bacchus Alumni Association, commented: “We were overwhelmed by the success of last year’s event, and it seems this year it will be even bigger and better. The quality of nominations for Bacchus Awards was incredibly strong, highlighting the diverse and hugely successful career paths followed by the School’s graduates. The Bacchus Awards evening will be a reminder that we are lucky to belong to an exclusive club of professionals – all of whom are graduates of the Oxford School of Hospitality Management.”
The short-list of nominees for this year’s Bacchus Alumni Awards has just been announced. The nominees are:
Manager of the Year
- Ian Rydin, Senior Director Future Openings, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Joerg Rodig, General Manager, Four Seasons Resorts and Residences, Whistler, Canada
- Gareth Banner, General Manager, St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London
- Rupert Power, Co-founder and Managing Director, Sophie’s Steakhouse restaurants, London
Young Alumni Award (under the age of 30)
- Robyn Isherwood, Head of Luxury Events, Lillingston, London
- Sarah Laybourn, Deputy General Manager, Haymarket Hotel (Firmdale), London
- Peter Murray, General Manager, Mr & Mrs Fox, Swire Restaurants, Hong Kong
Bacchus Mentor Award
- Lynne Levin, CEO, Levin Wines, London
- Don Birch, Partner, Travel Innovation Partners LLP, Switzerland
- Kiaran MacDonald, Managing Director, Savoy Hotel, London
Three additional awards will be made on the night – the Bacchus Student Award; Major Contribution to the Hospitality Industry; and the Special Award.
The hosts of the Bacchus Alumni Awards are grateful to this year’s supporters: Headline supporter Caterer.com and; The Restaurant Group; Lexington Catering; Broderick’s and Johnson’s Stalbridge Linen Services.