There are lots of changes happening now. Some of these changes may affect your teaching timetable. To help you understand what those changes are, when and why they may be made, what you need to do and whether they may mean that we need to switch to a different mode of teaching, please read the information below.
Changes to teaching
If, at any point, you are unable to attend face-to-face teaching due to Covid issues, please login to Student Information and complete the Covid Learning status registration. You should do this whether your non-attendance is due to a short-term reason, such as a positive Covid-19 test or self-isolation as a ‘close contact’ or household, or as a long-term situation because of travel restrictions or shielding/a period of self-isolation.
- You can change this status at any point (and change it back again if appropriate) in the semester and the timetabling team will adjust your teaching to be fully online or to include face-to-face teaching as appropriate. Please note that some modules have practical teaching that cannot offer an online alternative.
- If it becomes necessary to move your programme to online learning only your timetable will be updated to show online alternatives to face-to-face teaching, or it will show that the teaching is postponed until it can be delivered face-to-face.
- It may become necessary to move your programme online if staff members are self-isolating or there is a large number of Covid cases in the student body. We may also need to move programmes online on the advice of the Government of Public Health England.
- If the move to online-only teaching affects a limited number of programmes, your Faculty will notify you if your programme is affected, but please also continue to check your timetable carefully. If the move to online-only teaching is for all programmes, the University will email all students to their Oxford Brookes email account to inform them from what date the change will take place.
- If you’re on a placement and things change locally or nationally, then contact your Faculty Programme Administration team for advice.
- A full return to face-to-face teaching will be possible when Covid-Secure restrictions are lifted by the Government/Public Health England.