Students coming to campus should book and take two rapid Covid tests, three days apart, upon arrival or self-isolate for 10 days and inform the University through the Coronavirus reporting form.
We can now offer regular, twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests to students who are coming onto campus. Each week, you can now book two rapid Covid-19 tests, three days apart.
Regular testing of students and staff on campus will help to stop the spread of Covid-19 and we strongly encourage you to book your two appointments, three days apart, each week. You should book appointments in advance to fit in with your timetable and when you’ll be coming onto campus, but walk-ins may be available.
As in Semester 1, tests are only available to students who do not have symptoms of Covid-19 (‘Asymptomatic Testing’). They are also available to students who have previously had Covid-19.
Tests are simple, fast and free of charge. They are voluntary but we strongly encourage all students who wish to return safely to campus to take them - it will help to stop the spread of the virus and protect your friends, other students, staff and the local community. Students who do not take the tests will need to self-isolate for 10 days and inform the University through the Coronavirus reporting form.
We strongly encourage you to take two tests, three days apart, each week. Again, tests will be rapidly processed on site; you may receive your results in as little as an hour, however it could take longer. If it is not possible to take two tests, please book at least one test.
If you have travelled overseas recently, you may have been required to show evidence of a negative Covid-19 PCR test prior to travelling to the UK.
We strongly recommend that you also book and take a rapid Covid-19 test on your return to, or arrival on, campus as you may have come into contact with Covid-19 during your travel.
If you have travelled from a non-air corridor country and are required to quarantine on your arrival in the UK, then a rapid Covid-19 test will be available to you when your quarantine ends,
From 15 February, you must take two PCR Covid-19 tests during your quarantine. These must be booked pre arrival and cost £210. You must book these via the dedicated government website. The rapid Covid-19 tests offered by the University DO NOT replace the two PCR tests you must take as part of your quarantine.
The International Student Advice Team has useful information on the requirements for travelling to the UK and a helpful Self-isolation Guide, with advice on what you need to do and what you can do during your self-isolation period.
• international students who have remained in the UK and those who have arrived and do not have alternative accommodation
• those who have remained in their university accommodation over the winter break
• those who have returned to university accommodation in exceptional circumstances, for example because they are without access to appropriate study spaces or facilities in their vacation accommodation
• those requiring additional support, including those with mental health and wellbeing issues
• commuter students, on an exceptional basis where they are not in the first tranche of returners, who require access to university facilities to access online learning (for example because they do not have access to appropriate study spaces or facilities in their usual accommodation)
• researchers and research students who require access to specialist facilities for their work. If research students can work from home, they are encouraged to do so.