The information provided below assumes you are eligible to enter the UK. If you have any questions relating to your immigration status or visa more generally, please contact our International Student Advice Team.
Everyone entering England from outside the Common Travel Area (Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man) will be legally required to complete a pre-departure test, complete a passenger locator form and book a travel tests
- Green country arrivals will not have to quarantine on arrival, and the travel test package will only include a test on day 2, rather than days 2 and 8.
- Amber country arrivals will be required to quarantine in University owned or private accommodation, and the travel test package will include a test on both days 2 and 8
- From 19 July, the rules change for those travelling from an Amber list country who are fully UK vaccinated, who will no longer need to quarantine. Find out more on the Government website.
- Red country arrivals will be required to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel, and the travel test package will include a test on both days 2 and 8.
Non-compliance with legal quarantine requirements could result in fines or prison sentences.
- Most staff and students are allowed to enter the UK even if travelling from a “red list travel ban” country. See FAQs below.
- If you are travelling from an “amber list” or a “red list” country you will be required to quarantine for 10 days - unless you are fully UK vaccinated.
- If you’re travelling from a “red list travel ban” country then this ‘quarantine’ will need to be in a Government allocated hotel, which costs £1,750
- If you are a new student travelling to join the University for the first time and are required to pay the cost of quarantine, Oxford Brookes will provide you with a tuition fee discount for up to £1,750. This amount will be discounted from the second semester of your tuition fees. Please see our Terms and Conditions
- Please see our International Student Advice Team webpages for more detailed information on your travels.
Last updated: 19 July 2021