Brookes Science Bazaar returns
Thursday, 09 February 2017
Whether you and your family are fascinated by physics, captivated by chemistry, besotted with biology, or simply curious to find out more, you can learn and discover new things at Brookes Science Bazaar on 25 February 2017 – a fun day for all and it’s free!
We love to show children the amazing research we are currently doing by inviting our visitors to get involved throughout the day. We aim to have something for everyone here and hopefully spark a few new interests along the way. We have mixed together some old favourites with some brand new activities, aimed at grabbing the attention of children of 5-12 years (and adults too!):
- Science Rocks: Fancy yourself as a musician? Come test out our drum kit and learn all about music therapy from our Sports department!
- Selfies to Save Endangered Species: Social media can be a source for good, but many cute species are sadly paraded as pets. Help to change that by taking a selfie with our slow loris mascot to help save them in the wild!
- The Handy Family Tree: Would you like to learn more about your family? Make a crafty family tree out of your own handprint, and add fun facts along the way!
- Outbreak: See how viruses spread and learn how they can help us to make vaccines!
- Your Skeleton: Your skeleton is amazing. Come and learn about all the different bones in your body and how they fit together to make you so strong!
- We Will, We Will Plant You: Think plants aren’t cool? Our Botanical Society begs to differ! Humans need plants more than plants need them. Our Botanical Society presents these little wonders and takes you into the magnificent and diverse world of plants.
Along with many, many other exciting activities – including rocket cars! – you can delve into all the realms of science. Tick off the stalls as you go around with our interactive brochure to make sure you don’t miss anything.
So come along on Saturday 25 February to the John Henry Brookes Building on our Headington Campus between 10.30am and 4.00pm and enjoy a free fantastic day out for the whole family. Please note children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
There’s no need to book, just pop along anytime!