DECoRuM helps local authorities to develop a carbon emission reduction planning capability by helping them in base-lining, target-setting, action-planning, implementing and monitoring domestic energy consumption and CO2 emissions from public and private housing.
- DECoRuM develops housing stock energy databases containing a unique record for every dwelling in the stock, with details of its energy rating.
- Results can be presented visually showing hotspots of energy use and CO2 emissions.
- The individual CO2 reduction measures can then be deployed and the outcome shown, to determine the most cost-effective package for CO2 emission reductions.
- This can help the planner to develop and review the energy efficiency strategy and targets for improvement.
- As measures are actually installed, details can also be fed back into DECoRuM to enable it to update stock energy profiles accordingly.