Commercialisation of University Research
Friday, 26 November 2021
A conversation with the technology transfer offices.
A free online panel discussion was organised in collaboration with Fractional IP as a precursor to the British Academy funded research on ' University Spinouts Exploring womenparticipation in Nigerian Universities' at Oxford Brookes University. The event took place on 24 November 2021.
The purpose of the event was to understand from the research management office and technology transfer office, the process of commercialisation and technology transfer of research in Nigeria higher education, and to inform subsequent conversations with women academic entrepreneurs and spinout founders in the Nigerian universities. The panel discussion was chaired by Dr Sola Adesola, Senior Lecturer at the Oxford Brookes Business School. This was followed by a Q&A session moderated by Akeem Famuyiwa, Intellectual Property & Intellectual Capital Consultant, Fractional IP Consulting
Panellists and presenters included:
- Professor Oyedunni Arulogun Director, Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation University of Ibadan
- Professor Emeka Iweala, Professor of Biochemistry, Director, Centre for Research, Innovation and Discovery, Covenant University
- Akeem Famuyiwa, Intellectual Property & Intellectual Capital Consultant, Fractional IP Consulting
- Professor Simonetta Manfredi, Associate Dean for Research & Knowledge Exchange and Professor of Equality and Diversity Management, Oxford Brookes Business School
- Dr Gibson Arueya, Senior Lecturer and Research Commercialisation, University of Ibadan
- Dr Edward Cole, Intellectual Property & Commercialisation Manager, Oxford Brookes University
- Dr Sola Adesola, Senior Lecturer & Faculty EDI Lead, Oxford Brookes Business School
Watch the event recording here >>