Oxford Brookes Global MBA Summer School 2018
Saturday, 29 September 2018
The Oxford Brookes Global MBA was delighted to host the 6th MBA Summer School which was held on Saturday 29 September 2018.
Linked by the theme of ‘Innovation and Inspiration’, alumni, staff and students heard from organisations ranging from luxury car manufacturer Aston Martin (Ralf Berghoff) to drinks start up Crude (Ben Lion), as well as Oxford Brookes academics and Fiona Hathorn, CO of Women on Boards UK.
With around 70 current students, recent graduates and alumni, as well as Business School staff, there was a real buzz throughout the day.
Delegates enjoyed the opportunity to network and exchange ideas, inspiring new perspectives and opportunities whilst enjoying the delicious cold brewed coffee kindly bought by Ben Lion as part of his presentation on Crude’s start up journey.
A number of potential collaborative research projects were discussed and an interactive workshop kept everyone on their toes.
The day concluded in style with a dinner at our award-winning Brookes Restaurant.
For Oxford Brookes Global MBA alumni the Summer School is a great way to maintain the currency of their MBA and benefit from additional networking opportunities.
We would like to thank those of you who participated and made the event such a success. We hope to build on this success again in future years and hope as many as possible will be able to join us. If you would like to find out more, please visit our MBA Community page.
- Robert Van der Veen (Oxford Brookes Business School): Understanding the visitor to Cape Town: Innovative data Modelling with Practical Relevance
- Surja Datta (Oxford Brookes Business School): creative Milieu: Integrating the Macro and Micro Perspectives on Creativity
- Ben Lion (Crude): Innovation and Perspiration: the CRUDE Drinks Journey
- Fiona Hathorn (Women on Boards in the UK): Being on a Board is good for your Career
- Jon Cooper (ViewCue Consulting): Practical Creativity: ViewCue ‘Big Gig’ workshop