Find a courseExpand
Two Year Master's Programme
MA or MSc
This master's course includes a pre-master's year before your master's to develop your study skills, subject knowledge and academic language level. You will only need to make one application and you can apply for one visa to cover the whole two years of study.
This course will be suitable for you if:
- your undergraduate qualifications do not meet the level required for direct entry to postgraduate study
- you wish to take a master's in a subject that is different from your undergraduate degree
- you wish to improve your study skills and academic language level before starting your master's course
- you want to better understand the academic demands for studying at master's level in the UK
- you have had a break from education and want to build your confidence before starting your master's
Many full-time master's courses at Oxford Brookes University can be taken as part of this two year course (See 'Progression and degree options' for further information).
See more information about our other one and two semester pre-master's courses.
How to apply
Questions about fees?
Contact Student Finance on:
Questions about fees?
In your second year the tuition fees are those for the relevant master's course.
Deposits and refunds
A non-refundable £1,000 deposit is required to secure your place on this course.
In the unlikely event that you decide to leave within the first four weeks of the course we will refund the tuition fees minus the £1,000 deposit. No refunds are available after the fourth week of the course. For more information see our terms and conditions.
The fees that EU/EEA students starting courses at UK universities after the UK has formally left the EU are required to pay will depend on what is agreed as part of the UK's exit negotiations. Please see www.brookes.ac.uk/about-brookes/news/brexit-faqs/ for the most up-to-date information.
Financial support and scholarships
Learning and assessment
Combine your master's and pre-master's in one application
In your first year you will study our Pre-Master's Diploma to improve your English language and study skills to the level needed for postgraduate study. You will also choose from a wide range of subject modules to improve your academic knowledge.
In the second year you will transfer to your chosen master's course. On successful completion of the two year programme you will be awarded the master's degree of your course.
The following information is about your pre-master's in your first year.
The following master's are currently available as part of this programme.
Two Year Master's Degree - Business
- Please see our list of full-time Business School Master’s programmes.
Two Year Master's Degree - Technology, Design and Environment
- MSc Computing
- MSc Digital Media Production
- MA Publishing
Two Year Master's Degree - Humanities and Social Sciences
- MA International Relations
Two Year Master's Degree - Health and Life Sciences
- MSc Health and Social Care Management (requires 3-6 months' voluntary/work experience or related degree)
Other master's options may be available on a case by case basis. Our other pre-master's courses offer progression on to a wider range of master's degrees. Please contact the admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1865 483040 for further information.
Programme Changes: On rare occasions we may need to make changes to our course programmes after they have been published on the website.
For more information, please visit our Changes to programmes page.