Find a courseExpand
Management in Health and Social Care
MSc or PGDip or PGCert
The MSc Management in Health and Social Care has been developed to meet the needs of those currently working, or aspiring to work in the Health and Care sectors. It takes into account the changing nature of health and care delivery, in the UK and globally, drawing from experiences and new insights emerging from the COVID pandemic.
We will help you to:
- Develop the skills of a reflective leader and learner, raising your self-awareness and enhancing your self-belief.
- Identify needs and tools to improve, innovate and transform services.
- Broaden your knowledge of how people and organisations behave within different policy and political contexts.
- Select ways to enhance the management and performance of human and financial resources.
- Enhance your research and project management skills.
- Apply the latest research and theory to inform and enhance your leadership, management and organisational practice.
How to apply
Questions about fees?
Contact Student Finance on:
Questions about fees?
Fees quoted are for the first year only. If you are studying a course that lasts longer than one year your fees will increase each year.
Financial support and scholarships
Learning and assessment
You will gain an understanding of changes and developments in health and social care policy. The operational environment at local, national and international levels will also be covered.
The course will enable you to:
- build your knowledge of the core functions of management and leadership
- examine policy and strategy in a variety of health and social care settings
- develop and apply leadership capability
- gain and apply research skills
- expand your networks.
You have the option to start this course in January. You will study a range of modules between January and May. During the summer months of June, July and August you will study further modules and begin work on your dissertation. Between September and December you will complete your final modules and focus on your dissertation.
Our academic staff have a significant record of research and publications on the topics of management and leadership.
The Professional Education and Leadership course team have research and publication interests in the following fields:
- coaching and mentoring
- inter-professional and work-based learning
- quality improvement.
After you graduate
This course can help if:
- You want to move into a management / leadership role in clinical, social care or community healthcare settings.
- You are a practising manager or leader at any level wanting to draw from a stronger research and theory base to enhance the way you work.
- You need a management/ leadership qualification to enhance your professional profile and CV.
- You have a management background and wish to orientate your practice toward provision in the health /social care sectors.
Programme Changes: On rare occasions we may need to make changes to our course programmes after they have been published on the website.
For more information, please visit our Changes to programmes page.