Specific entry requirements
Entrants to the programme should normally meet one of the following three sets of requirements:EITHER
- a current role in an appropriate workplace setting, and a line manager's letter of support and recommendation (a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience is normally required)
- a minimum of one pass at A-level or 6-unit Vocational A-level, plus three passes at GCSE (grades A–C), or O-level (grades A–C), or equivalent, normally including Mathematics and English Language
- a National Certificate or Diploma or other equivalent qualifications, such as GNVQ/NVQ or other Level 3 vocational qualifications, plus three passes at GCSE (grades A–C), or O-level (grades A–C) , or equivalent, normally including Mathematics and English Language
- Admission with credit: Applicants with prior certificated or experiential learning may be admitted with credit for up to a maximum of 120 credits at Level 4 and 30 credits at Level 5.
Please also see the University's general entry requirements.
English language requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate that their level of English is acceptable, by achieving a score in a recognised test such as:
- British Council IELTS - normally minimum level 6.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in the reading and writing components.
Please also see the University's standard English language requirements
English requirements for visas
If you need a student visa to enter the UK you will need to meet the UK Visas and Immigration minimum language requirements as well as the University's requirements. Find out more about English language requirements.
How to apply
Full-time students should apply for this course through UCAS.
Applications for foundation degrees should be made through UCAS.
Part-time applicants should apply directly to City of Oxford College,
tel. 01865 550550.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
When you accept our offer, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment. You should therefore read those conditions before accepting the offer.
Oxford Brookes operates the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). All undergraduate single modules are equivalent to 7.5 ECTS credits and double modules to 15 ECTS credits. More about ECTS credits.