- At least 5 GSCEs (Grade A*-C) to include English Language, Maths and Science (or equivalent level 2 qualifications).
- Level 3 qualifications equivalent to 2 A2-levels (including a biological science at C grade or above) with a minimum of 64 UCAS Tariff points.
- Or BTEC Extended Diploma (minimum MPP - with a D in at least one science-based module) in an animal/science-based subject
- Or BTEC Diploma (Minimum MM - with a D in at least one science-based module) in an animal/science-based subject
- Mature learners with the appropriate GCSEs may be eligible for entry to the programme with a QAA approved Access to Science course
- Minimum of two weeks work experience within a veterinary practice (work experience within other animal-related placements will not be acceptable as an alternative to this), to be completed within two years of the proposed start date and prior to interview.
NB. Interviews will not take place until this work experience has been completed
- All applicants will be interviewed (telephone or SKYPE interviews may be carried out for applicants if they cannot attend in person).
- Offers of a course place are dependent on a successful interview and a strong UCAS application with an appropriate reference and evidence of completion of the two weeks work experience (a headed letter of confirmation from the Veterinary Practice Principal or Manager).
Specific entry requirements
Students must be at least 17½ years of age.
Please also see the University's general entry requirements.
English language requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate that their level of English is acceptable, by achieving a score in a recognised test such as British Council IELTS: normally minimum level 6.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in the reading and writing components.
Please also see the University's standard English language requirements
How to apply
This course is not available to students classed as International for fees purposes.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
When you accept our offer, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment. You should therefore read those conditions before accepting the offer.
Oxford Brookes operates the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). All undergraduate single modules are equivalent to 7.5 ECTS credits and double modules to 15 ECTS credits. More about ECTS credits.