Daniel Jones - Festaxi - Cambridge

  • Daniel Jones - Festaxi - Cambridge

    www.festaxi.com

    festaxiBy providing a service which helps those with specific accessibility requirements, Festaxi help make outdoor events more accessible and enjoyable for all. Festaxi provide on-site taxi services at festivals by using buggies with Eco Green Engines.  Festaxi also support the on-going need to offer first-hand knowledge and work experience to those that wish to get into the festival and events industry. Over the summer this year Festaxi provided services at Latitude Festival, Boardmasters in Newquay, Strawberry Fields Festival in Leicestershire and The Great Dorset Steam Fair. Festaxi provided a free service at these festivals for anyone with a mobility problem and also provided an

    Inspired by a friend who is a wheelchair user, Daniel established an innovative company with a dedicated ambition of improving access and enjoyment at outdoor festivals and events.

    By providing a service which helps those with specific accessibility requirements, Festaxi help make outdoor events more accessible and enjoyable for all. Festaxi provide on-site taxi services at festivals by using buggies with Eco Green Engines. Festaxi also support the on-going need to offer first-hand knowledge and work experience to those that wish to get into the festival and events industry. Over the summer this year Festaxi provided services at Latitude Festival, Boardmasters in Newquay, Strawberry Fields Festival in Leicestershire and The Great Dorset Steam Fair. Festaxi provided a free service at these festivals for anyone with a mobility problem and also provided an emergency transport service for people injured at the events. Of the 6,000 users of the service this summer, approximately 20% had mobility problems. The other 80% of users paid for their journey, generating sufficient income to cover all costs involved making the enterprise completely sustainable.