Start-Up Visa is a 12-week programme for international student graduates at Oxford Brookes. It provides support as you take each step towards gaining an endorsement letter from the University for your business idea.
It is a selective process which, if successful, provides you with the chance to continue to develop your business ideas for a further two years in the UK, post study.
Oxford Brookes strongly recommends that you apply for the new Graduate Visa before making an application for a Start-Up Visa. In general Oxford Brookes University will endorse business proposals that:
- meet the UKVI requirements:
- new - not trading elsewhere
- innovative - a different offering to other competitors
- viable - financially sustainable
- scalable - with the potential to increase revenues and to create new jobs over time.
- are a product/service with a digital or tech solution at its core*
- does and/or has potential to make a proactive contribution to the entrepreneurial community in Oxfordshire and Oxford Brookes University.
- is from students who have graduated from Oxford Brookes University.**
- includes the original founder in its team (or an instrumental member of the founding team who joined it before fully started trading)
- have fully completed a competitive 12 week application programme* (this process requires participants to put together a comprehensive business proposal addressing all areas of the business but by taking part in this programme will not guarantee a letter of endorsement from Oxford Brookes University).
- are ready to put in the hard work and time needed to launch a business in the UK.
Submitting and attending the application programme is free of charge and open to those who meet the eligibility set out above. We do not charge any fees for considering or issuing an endorsement, monitoring applicants in line with Home Office requirements, or any other services directly related to obtaining or maintaining immigration status.
*Other ideas will be considered on merit
**External entrepreneurial team members will be considered. The external applicant must meet the rest of the eligibility set out above.