Payroll, Income tax and NI

  • Income Tax 

    Payroll will use your P45 to determine your tax code and your tax deductions.  If you do not have a P45 you should contact payroll.     

    If you have a query relating to your tax code or amount of tax deducted please contact the payroll team in the first instance. 

    National Insurance Number

    The University must have a National Insurance number for you to ensure the appropriate deductions from your pay are recorded to ensure your entitlement towards state benefits are correctly assessed. 
    If you do not have a national insurance number, you will need to apply for a national insurance number