Inclusiveness Target Countries Conference Fund
Monday, 25 June 2018
Applications are invited from PhD students and Early Career Investigators (within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent) to attend international science and technology related
conferences on the topic of the INDEPTH COST Action that is not organised by the COST Action. Up to €2,500 is available per applicant to be paid after the conference, on submission of a conference report within 30d of the conference. Attendance at
European conferences is preferred but meeting held elsewhere will also be considered.
- Must be from an Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
- Must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the presentation at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must
acknowledge COST. The poster/ talk must clearly display the logo and details of the INDEPTH Cost Action.
- Must be attending a conference on the broad theme of the COST Action
- Have clear plans to share the benefits of attending the conference with your own laboratory and with others in the COST action and be able to demonstrate how it will support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives. Details of the scope
and scientific objectives of the INDEPTH COST Action are available on our web site (/indepth/)
How to apply
- To apply for a Conference Grant within the INDEPTH Cost Action ( CA 16212 ), please send the following documents (in a single pdf file) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st2018.
Completed ITC application form (attached)
- Your CV, including recent publications (max. 1 page);
Additionally (if available at the time of application):
- The most recent conference booklet or leaflet / conference program (especially if the Applicant is listed);
- The invitation from the Organizers (for a keynote presentation, poster etc).
Your application will be first evaluated by the Chair of the INDEPTH COST Action, the workgroup leaders, and by the STSM Coordinator. Then, if the remaining budget allows to provide funding it will be submitted for approval by the MC of the Action.
Priority will be given to applications that support the objectives of the Working Packages. Please consult the INDEPTH website /indepth/ and the INDEPTH Memorandum of Understanding http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA16212 for details.
It is expected that each ITC grantee will send a copy of their presentation/poster/paper to the Communication Manger of the INDEPTH Action (email@example.com). It will be thendisseminated using the official INDEPTH website, social media, etc. The material must be submitted to the Communication Manager by email shortly after the conference. Photographic material from the conference (e.g. the Applicant with the INDEPTHlogo in background) will be greatly appreciated. Note that permission must be obtained for images of identifiable individuals other than the grantee.
Before filling the application, please consult the ITC Conference Grant rules in the COST Vademecum at Section 8 (page 37). With any further questions please contact
Criteria for evaluation:
- Confirmation that the abstract is listed in the conference book is required before final payment is made.
- Subject of the oral presentation / poster is on the topic of the INDEPTH COST Action and acknowledges COST.
- Relevance of the Conference to the INDEPTH COST Action
- Plan to share the benefits of attending the conference with own laboratory and with others in the COST action
- Research presented supports the Action in achieving its scientific objectives.
Report to be submitted
The COST rules state: Payment of the Grant is subject to the submitted Conference Grant scientific report being approved by the Action Chair (or Vice-Chair if the Action Chair is affiliated to the Grant Holder Institution). Written approval of the
submitted scientific report must be sent to the Grant Holder for archiving purposes. The written approvals shall be sent to the Grant Holder for archiving purposes.
The person receiving the grant must submit to the Communication Manger of the INDEPTH Action (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Action Chair (Prof Christophe Tatout ( email@example.com). copied to Claire Pelissier (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days of the conference ending:
(1) a copy of their presentation/poster/paper
(2) a short report (500 words maximum) suitable to load on the Action web site giving:
The grantees name and affiliation
The name of the conference attended, its dates, location and a web link to the conference web site
A short report on the conference, including:
It's relevance to the INDEPTH COST Action
Short reports of any oral presentations and posters of relevance to the grantee and other members of the COST ActionA brief summary of the benefit to the grantee of attending the meeting and the way in which the grantee will apply the knowledge
gained in their own work and to the work of others in the Action.
(3) any images from the conference suitable for display on social media or the Action web site. Note that permission must be obtained for images of identifiable individuals.