Apply for your CAS

  • Apply for a CAS

    Applying for your CAS

    To apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Oxford Brookes University.

    How to apply for a CAS

    • Accept your offer.
    • Complete and submit our CAS Request Form. We will email you a link to this.
    • Send us a copy of your passport including any previous UK visas to the email address on our CAS Request Form.
    • If you have an unconditional offer or have met all the requirements of a conditional offer (including paying a deposit if required) we will process your CAS request.
    • We will send you a CAS statement by email when we receive it from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). This is usually within 3-5 days of the request.

    When to send us information for your CAS

    We will send you the CAS Request Form 3-4 months before the start date of your course. If you are starting in September you will be sent this from May onwards.

    Your CAS can only be issued when you have accepted an unconditional offer.

    If you have a conditional offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course we will ask you to complete the Request Form. Then we will be able to quickly process your CAS request when you meet all the conditions of the offer.

    You cannot apply for a Tier 4 visa more then 3 months before the start of the course.

    You should request your CAS as soon as possible to allow enough time to complete your visa application before your course starts. We may not issue a CAS if you are unlikely to receive your visa in time. We will base this decision on the UKVI's visa processing times in your country.

    Who should I contact about my CAS?

    If you do not receive a CAS after following the process above please contact our admissions team at 

    If you have received your CAS and have a questions or wish to request an amendment please contact the Admissions Office at

    When you contact us please include the details of your application including your application reference number and details of the course so we can locate your records quickly.

    Applying for your visa

    For more information about applying for your visa please see our International Student Advice Team (ISAT) pages.

    Please contact our International Student Advice Team on if you need any help with your visa application.

  • Oxford Brookes University is licensed by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as a sponsor for Tier 4 (General) student visas.
    The university's licence was renewed in 2017.