Credit transfer

  • If you have already completed a higher education level qualification you may be able to transfer this to one of our undergraduate courses.

    We recognise credit awarded by other higher education institutions and if you have successfully completed a higher education course in your home country then your studies may count towards an Oxford Brookes University degree, shortening your study time in the UK.

    The amount of credit transferred varies depending on the level and amount you have studied. Each application is looked at individually, matching the courses you have already taken with your chosen programme here at Oxford Brookes, so you must provide information about the modules you have taken, along with a full transcript of your qualifications.

    Typically we give credit for:

    • Open University courses
    • a Certificate or Diploma of Higher Education
    • A Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Diploma (HND)
    • part of a British degree course
    • a university degree from another country

    More information on some of our credit entry courses can be found on our website:

    Business courses
    Information for second or final year entry on to our Business School courses.
    Hospitality courses
    Information for second and final year entry on to our Oxford School of Hospitality Management courses.

    How to apply

    September entry

    You can apply for entry with credit directly to the university or via the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). If you are an international student your application will be accepted until 30 June 2021. Find out more about applying to Oxford Brookes University.

    January entry

    Some courses are available to start in January. For January entry you should apply directly to Oxford Brookes University. Please email our Admissions Office to check if credit entry is available for your course.