Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual
course page and use the equivalency table below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Minimum entry requirement:
- Completion of the Principal Level of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)
|A-level requirement||Principal Level of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) equivalency|
|AAA ||AAA |
|AAB ||AAB |
|ABB ||ABB |
|BBB ||BBB |
|BBC ||BBC |
|BCC ||BCC |
|CCC ||CCC |
|CCD ||CCD |
|EE ||EE |
- GCSE grade B / grade 5 equivalent: Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) grade 4
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) grade 6
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement.
Please check the individual
course listing and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our
|Bachelor degree requirement||Licence|
|2.1 (for direct entry)||2:1 / B+ / GPA 4.0|
|2.2 (for direct entry)||2:2 / B / GPA 3.0|
|Pass guide (for a pre-master's course)||Pass / C / GPA 2.0|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0-7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Credit Pass (grades 1-6) in English on EACE or UCE, plus qualifications above this level studied in English if UCE
- Pre-sessional University English
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills.
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please
contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.