Whether a student or member of staff at Oxford Brookes you will use the same essential IT systems and services for teaching, learning or supporting the University's core business. By using our IT services you are agreeing to our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You can connect to the Wi-Fi (Brookes WiFi/eduroam) around campus.
- If you are living in Halls, Wi-Fi and wired network services are provided there.
- You can also check your email/timetable (we use Google) or Moodle (our virtual learning environment).
- You will automatically have access to your email/calendar/documents account (we use Google),
- You can connect your mobile devices to Wi-Fi (BrookesWiFi/eduroam).
- Organise some IT training to familiarise yourself with the core business systems.
- You can work flexibly and access University systems while working off site.
Students and staff
All of us need to print and scan at some point and the University offers a Print Anywhere service that has the advantages of multi-functional devices (MFDs) that allow you to collect your print from any device on any campus. An essential part of using print - as a student - is topping up your printing charge account.
You will may also need access to software to do your work. In addition to the Google Workspace, we have Microsoft Office available on all of our student and staff computers and members of the University can have Office 365 on their personal devices. All of our users also have access to our AppsAnywhere service that can stream hundreds of software applications to university computers and personal devices.
Zoom is the University’s meeting tool of choice for lectures, learning sessions as well as online webinars and events. Just log into Brookes.zoom.us to claim your full licence for Zoom for university activities and for your personal use too.
Support is always available. Should you need some help with anything IT-related, you can:
- visit an IT Service Desk Point (on any campus),
- use the web portal service.brookes.ac.uk
- call x3311 (01865 48 3311 from a mobile or externally).
For IT support you can
- Browse the web portal
where you can request a service, report an incident or access information in the Knowledge Base
- Phone 01865 48 3311 (internal calls x3311)
- Visit one of the Service Desk Points on campus