If you need to set your Oxford Brookes account password, have forgotten or want to change your Brookes user account password, follow these steps:
- Go to the Secure Forgotten Password Reset page to change your password.
- Enter your student/staff number into the ‘Email address or Username’ box.
- Click ‘Reset my password’.
- Check the personal email account you have registered in the HR Portal (staff) or Student Information (students) for a unique link which is valid for 48 hours.
Please note your password reset link is sent to the personal email address that you have registered on the HR Portal (staff) or Student Information (student). To add a personal email address please follow these steps.
When do I get my Brookes user account (user ID) and password?
You will receive 2 emails to the email address that you have used to register with Oxford Brookes up to 3 weeks before enrolment:
- one with your user ID (student number) - this is your Brookes user account (user ID),
- one with a unique link to allow you to create your password - this will be the password you use to access University network and systems including Student Information, email, calendar (timetable),the virtual learning environment (Moodle) and eduroam (free world-wide roaming Wi-Fi access service).
If you have not received these or have any queries, please contact the Enrolment Team
If you would like to change your password to something more memorable please see the information above on ‘Setting or resetting your Oxford Brookes account password’.
Alongside your user account you will be issued with a password via email the night before your contracted start date at Oxford Brookes:
- The first of these emails will contain your staff number (user ID).
- The second will contain a unique link for you to create a password - this allows you to log into all core University systems, including email, calendar, the virtual learning environment (Moodle), the HR/finance systems and other role specific systems, providing they have been requested by your line manager (e.g. Student Record System).
If you would like to change your password to something more memorable please see the information above on ‘‘Setting or resetting your Oxford Brookes account password’.
Why do you need to register a personal email address to obtain a new password securely?
This Knowledge Base article explains why you need to register a personal email address to obtain a new password securely.
How do I add my personal email address to my details in Student Information?
To add or check your personal (not student) email address, log in to Student Information and select ‘Student Profile’ in the student menu. Your email details are found in the Bio Information section.
How do I add my personal email address to my HR Portal record?
To update your personal email address, you need to login to the HR Portal. If you are unable to access the HR Portal please use the Forgotten password - provide a staff personal email address form.
Once logged in, click on the ‘My Profile’ icon and look for the ‘Personal Email Address’ field. Click on the 3 dots to the right and select ‘Edit’ to update your personal email address in your staff profile.
I am a line manager. How do I set up access to Brookes systems for a new starter i.e. finance systems or student data?
New Starter Systems & Resources Access Request
This form should only be completed once all new starter documentation has been returned to HR, and a staff number for the new member of staff has been received.
For IT support you can
- Browse the web portal
where you can request a service, report an incident or access information in the Knowledge Base
- Phone 01865 48 3311 (internal calls x3311)
- Visit one of the Service Desk Points on campus