Announcement Face coverings and social distancing rules still apply in our libraries.
Covid-19 library services
The physical libraries are open for walk-in access to space and books.
- The libraries are only open to Oxford Brookes staff and students
- Entry is by card only
- Check individual library sites for details of all our opening hours
- All libraries are operating on a self service basis. If you need support when you are on campus see our webpage on getting help
- When you visit - please remember to wear your face covering, wash/sanitise your hands frequently, refrain from eating or drinking (just bottled water), follow the directional signs - and socially distance at all times
Find out more about the safety measures introduced on campus by watching this slideshow
- You must not visit University campuses if you are showing signs of Covid-19 and should follow the Government guidelines to self-isolate. For further information and symptoms please visit the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/
- Please cycle or walk to the campus and avoid using public transport in line with the Governments travel guidelines. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
- All items on loan are now due back on Monday 27 September 2021. (Exceptions: School Experience Centre long loans and loans for finishing students - check your Library Account for specific dates)
- Holds can still be placed on items that are available on the shelves, but not on items currently out on loan.
- A freepost option is now available for students who have finished their studies. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Books returned either in person or via the freepost service may not be discharged immediately from your Library Account.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about your library account
- Study spaces and desktops are available at all sites and are socially distanced at 2m. This means there is less study space available than normal.
- All spaces are for individual quiet or silent study and have been labelled to show where people can sit (Please sit here / Do not sit here). Please note there are no areas available for group work.
- It is not currently possible to book a study room.
- All available study seats will have a number and QR code as implemented in other University areas for track and trace purposes
- Face coverings should be worn while in the Library (unless individuals are exempt)
- No food and drink policy (apart from bottled water) across all sites
- Opening hours of our sites may vary. For details of the hours please check the individual library’s page.
We are offering a Scan and Send service for individual chapters / journal articles from printed items in Library stock for Brookes staff and students under the following conditions:
- The copy is being made for private study only. (Scanning requests for teaching purposes should be made to the Library Scanning Service who can supply items that can be uploaded to Moodle.)
- The extent of the copying is within legal limits (1 article per journal issue or 1 chapter / 5% of a book).
- The request is made via this form and the copyright declaration is agreed to.
The service is aimed at staff and students who are unable to come to the Library to borrow items and scan the items personally. Requests will take up to five working days to be processed and delivered.
Go to our Get help and support webpage for more information.