Use the Sensus Access service to convert a document from an inaccessible format (eg. image only PDF file, JPEG pictures , Powerpoint presentations) into an accessible format, including e-book, MP3 or DAISY audio book or digital braille.
The service is embedded further down this web page.
To use the service there are 4 simple steps:
- Upload your file
- Choose the type of file you would like returned
- Select the output file options you need
- Enter your Brookes email address. A link to your converted file will be emailed for you to open or download.
Conditions of use
You can make an accessible copy if
- you own the copyright (ie. it’s your own work)
- you have permission from the copyright owner
- the copyright has expired
- you have a print disability or if it’s for someone with a print disability.
You need to agree that:
- The copy won’t be shared with others
- You can’t find a commercially available version in an appropriate format
- You abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, Section 31A (Disabled persons: copies of works for personal use)
- You abide by the Data Protection Act when storing or sharing converted files that contain personal data.
Use Sensus Access to convert a file
Library staff are always ready to help you with guidance on how to search for and use resources. Visit the Library Help Zone, JHB Level 1 (Library Enquiry Desks at other Brookes libraries).
+44 (0) 1865 483156