Vacation opening hours
Mon - Fri: 10.00-17.00
Sat - Sun: Closed
Semester opening hours (from 14 September)
Entry to John Henry Brookes Building by card only
Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 20.30
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
The main entrance to Headington Library is on Level 1 of the John Henry Brookes Building (JHBB). The Library is located on six floors and with lift / stair access available at each level. Accessible toilets can be found on all floors.
Special Collections : Headington Library has substantial Special Collections in food and drink, publishing and literary prizes, art and architecture, public and allied health and Oxford Brookes University. Due to the current coronavirus situation the Reading Room is closed to all visitors.
Get help with your subject
Library floorplan (PDF) - individual silent and quiet study spaces are available throughout each floor on Levels 2 - 4 and in the Basement
Looking for more workspace options at Headington?
If you need a PC
- Try the two training rooms: Library Basement and G02 alongside the Forum (check the timetable on the door for availability).
- The top floor of the Teaching Block has pooled teaching rooms with PCs (again, check timetables).
- Stand-up PCs (with printer access) are available in the Teaching Block corridors.
- Gibbs 110, G126, Fuller FHG10 a & b.
- Don’t forget we have libraries at our Harcourt Hill and Wheatley campuses (U1 bus for both) or use the PC finder.
If you need a study space
- Try the air-conditioned silent study rooms on Levels 2, 3 and 4 in the Library (Zones B & E).
- The Library Basement carrel desking
- The ground and first floor study spaces in Clerici.
- Don’t forget we have libraries at our Harcourt Hill and Wheatley campuses (U1 bus for both).