Off-campus services and facilities for Brookes staff and students
- Library Catalogue: use the Library Catalogue to check for books and journals in our Library stock, and to reserve and renew books. A guide to searching our Catalogue is available in Word or PDF format.
- Renew your loans : you can renew items via the Library Catalogue using the Borrower information option or call our 24 hour telephone renewals line on 01865 483133
- Databases : over 100 of our databases are available to
- For full details of our databases, listed by title or subject, see the Database section of our Electronic Library.
- From each database title entry, links to password details are provided in a secure area of your PIP pages which you will need to log in to using your staff/student number and your portal password.
- Occasionally the Database section of our Electronic Library may be unavailable: you can link to our electronic resources through your PIP pages.
- Electronic journals : we subscribe to a large number
of electronic journals, most of which are available to off-campus
- For full details of our journals, listed by journal title, collection or subject, see the Journals section of our Electronic Library.
- From each title entry, links to password details are provided in a secure area of your PIP pages which you will need to log in to using your staff/student number and your portal password.
- Photocopying service : you can request copies of journal
articles that are held in the Library.
- For full details, including an application form, see Photocopying service for our staff and students.
- Interlibrary Loans service : you can request books, journal
articles and other material not in our Library through our Interlibrary
- Photocopies of book chapters or journal articles can be posted to you.
- Entire books must be collected from the Library.
- Some materials (eg. theses from other universities) may be supplied for use within the Library only.
- Electronic Reference desk : this Reference Desk provides links to lots of useful information on the Web, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, statistics and maps.
- Subject help : the Subject help pages provide information on resources in your subject area including links to many Internet sites.
- Enquiries : we are always happy to answer any questions
you may have about using our services and finding information.
- You can use our Electronic enquiry service for help with a specific enquiry.
- Contact your Subject Librarian for specialist subject advice by telephone, email or letter.
- Telephone our Enquiry desks.
- Email our Lending Services Helpdesk for help with borrowing, reserving and renewing material.
- Read our FAQs about the Library.
- Visiting our Library : a visit to the Library is essential
to borrow books but you can plan ahead to make your time here
- Search the Library Catalogue in advance and reserve items you wish to borrow and arrange for them to be sent to the Library site most convenient for you.
- Using other libraries :
- you can search other library catalogues.
- other UK academic libraries will often allow you to use them for reference purposes.
- special arrangements exist for registered and enrolled part-time students, distance learning students and for academic staff and postgraduate research students.
- For full details on the above see our information on Using other libraries.