Throughout the year the university offers a number of training sessions tailored to meet the needs of researchers. These sessions include a range of generic skills training as well as training on specific aspects of information retrieval and management, including Keeping-up-to-date and Managing references using EndNote. Details are available on the Research student training webpages.
Your Liaison Librarian provides specialist help and guidance on finding and managing information for your research. Contact details for your Librarian are available from this subject list.
Development opportunitiesThere are a range of books, webpages, tutorials and multimedia sources that can support you throughout the research process and help you develop your skills.
- Vitae - a research organisation which provides information, advice and events for doing postgraduate research, including how to manage your research and yourself.
- Graduate Information literacy skills guide - online tutorials to help you find, use and evaluate relevant sources for your research
- Measuring your research impact - an online tutorial and worksheets to support bibliometrics training and awareness.
- Online tutorials to develop research dissemination - including journals and journal articles, other forms of publishing, networking.
- MANTRA Research Data Management - online guidelines for good practice in research data management.