HR Payroll and other advice and support

  • On request, Human Resources will provide employees with standard information on the occupational pension scheme of which they are a member to help them plan their retirement. They will also endeavour to help employees to obtain answers to more complex queries from the relevant scheme administrator.

    However, the University is not legally permitted to offer financial advice to employees. Therefore all employees are advised to consider obtaining independent financial advice when planning their retirement.

    Contact Human Resources:

    • e-mail
    • Contact your link HR team
    • Write to Human Resources, Wheatley Campus

    Contact Payroll / Pensions

    When planning for retirement, employees should take into consideration any state pension entitlements or alternative pension benefits that they have.

    The General support pack has various links to information which will be useful for pension advice.

    The University cannot provide information about these arrangements. However, employees who are experiencing problems finding contact details in relation to other pension benefits can contact Human Resources for guidance.

    The Government Department for Work and Pensions has an online facility to check your personal state pension entitlement check-state-pension.
    The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) is a government-sponsored initiative to give people free professional, independent and impartial help with their pensions. This includes the Pension Wise Service which offers a free 45-minute conversation with a Pension Wise guidance specialist. Advice includes how to trace lost pensions.

    The Money Advice Service is an independent service, set up by government to help people manage their money.

    This website provides advice with regard to Choosing a financial adviser.