Adrienne has been Senior Lecturer in Education at Oxford Brookes since 2012 where she has taught the use of drama in eductaion to students of Primary ITE as well as on the MA in Education. Adrienne taught drama at secondary level for a number of years before moving to work as a freelance practitioner, leading workshops for Early Years through to Key Stage 5. She has developed research into how drama can help develop primary school children's understanding of complex or abstract ideas, particularly in science, and this research has been disseminated internationally at conferences and symposiums.
Adrienne leads years 1 and 2 on the BA Primary Education course.
Teaching and supervision
BA Primary Teacher Education
- Broader Curriculum (Performing Arts) (module lead year 2)
- English in the Early Years
- English in the Primary Curriculum
- Understanding Pedagogical Approaches
- Introduction to Professional Practice (module lead)
- Enrichment of English: storytelling pathway (module lead)
- Inclusive Pathways: English as an Additional Language
- Children's Imaginative Worlds
- Reading for Pleasure
Supervision of students during School Based Curriculum
- Drama as a way in to learning across the curriculum
- Action research in primary schools in the use of drama to teach science
McGregor D, Baskerville D, Anderson D, Duggan A, 'Examining the use of drama to develop epistemological understanding about the Nature of Science: A collective case from experience in New Zealand and England, UK'
International Journal of Science Education 9 (2) (2019) pp.171-194
ISSN: 0950-0693 eISSN: 1464-5289Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Dennis M, Duggan A, McGregor D, 'Evolution in Action'
Primary Science 131 (2014) pp.8-10
Memberships of professional bodies
Oxfordshire Headteachers' Conference 2019 : Using Drama for Scientific Inquiry. A workshop exploring the teaching of Galileo's heliocentric beliefs.
- British Educational Research Conference (Leeds) 2016 Empowering Learners Through Dramatic Enquiry Deb Mc Gregor and Adrienne Duggan
- European Science Education Research Association Conference (Dublin) 2017 Symposium: Dale Anderson, Delia Baskerville, Debra McGregor and Adrienne Duggan
- British Education Research Association Conference (Brighton) 2017 Debra McGregor and Adrienne Duggan
- Training on use of voice in the classroom
- Bringing Shakespeare to life for Primary School Children
- Difficult Conversations in teaching and mentoring
Examiner Edexcel Drama GCSE