I focus on implementing business analytics and data science concepts for businesses in my research and community involvement. Also, I teach systems-related honours modules such as digital business management and business intelligence to undergraduate students. I am part of a programme development team that is working on setting up a new MSc degree in Management and Business Analytics at the Oxford Brookes Business School. Also, I am a member of the Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics Network (AIDAN) at the university.
Teaching and supervision
- Accounting and Finance (BSc (Hons))
- Business and Finance (BSc (Hons))
- Oxford Brookes MBA (MBA)
- Business and Marketing Management (BA (Hons))
- Management and Business Analytics (MSc)
- Information Technology for Business (BSc (Hons))
- Business Intelligence & Decision Making
- Accounting & Financial Information
- Digital Technologies & Maths. for Business
- Managing the Digital Business
- Business Analytics for Hospitality & Tourism
Developing curriculum for the new comer: MSc. in Management & Business Analytics
My research interests are on how economies and financial institutions, specifically, are running a data-driven approach. For example, how credit scores can be complemented with social network data and how insurance companies use historical weather data to price its policies.
On the other hand, I have an interest in methodological research on dealing with structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets.
In applied research, I have analysed a dataset on pollution for the Bristol City Council to predict the number of hospitalised respiratory infections. Also, I ran a time-series analysis of weather data to come up with a parametric insurance model for the agricultural products in Columbia.
Methodologically, I have proposed a text mining algorithm that can identify the convergence/divergence of research authors in the information systems research agenda.
Centres and institutes
Memberships of professional bodies
- Data Science for the Internet of Things
- Credit Scoring and Credit Control
- European Conference on Information Systems
- Enhancing services by adding an analytics layer to ProspectSoft CRM.
Open to businesses in the community that are considering to run analytics on their customer databases.